No-sew vest from Crafting Cousins, using an over-sized t-shirt.
I chose a well-loved, old t-shirt for this project. One that I enjoyed wearing frequently in its youth, but has become too stretched out, too full of slight stains, too thin. I began cutting the neckline and realized I was not supposed to cut the back. But uh, I went with it. Because... I had no other choice. I proceeded to follow the instructions (it's really not a difficult project at all) and was done in just minutes.
I tied off the back with a strip of fabric from the sleeve and clipped the ends. Unfortunately, this t-shirt was too stretched out, too full of slight stains, too thin to make a good vest (or, a super hero cape, as river calls it). I used a crappy pair of scissors and didn't measure anything, so this project was doomed to fail.
I think I'll just chop this one up and make another headband for Austen. Maybe I'll try again, with a higher quality piece of clothing and fabric scissors.